Across the UK, we see slate roofs all over the place, but there is a lot of competition out there in the roofing market. The competitors include:
- Stone Roofing
- 20-20 Interlocking Tiles
- Clay Plain Tiles
- And many many more.
However, despite these new roofing materials being introduced, slate is still a very popular choice for many homes in need of a new roof. Here are the advantages of slate:
- Variety – The colours that slate is available in are endless! There’s no doubt about it, you will be able to find slate in a colour that matches your current roof or your personal taste.
- Durable – High winds and harsh weather conditions are all endured when slate is involved.
- Non-combustible – There are two benefits in one with this feature! As slate is fire resistant, you may also find your home insurance will be lower!
- Little maintenance required – Due to the excellent durability of slate, there isn’t much maintenance and upkeep needed on slate roofs. In the unfortunate case that you do require a few touch ups, the slates are easily replaced and aren’t too costly!
- Appealing to look at – The unique appearance of slate roofs are probably one of the key reasons so many people still choose slate for their roof. A slate roof can stand out from all other types of roof, and as mentioned previously available in many different colours.
The picture shows an example of our work on a home in Chesterfield. Our Chesterfield roofers are skilled in all types of roofing materials, not just slate, so why not give us a call on 0114 2799 799 today to discuss your roofing needs.