Keeping Safe on Ladders During Winter
Whether you're putting up the Christmas lights or cleaning out your gutters, here are some simple tips for staying safe.
An unbelievable number of people have accidents on ladders each year, which is why we feel as roofers we ought to give you some advice on ladder safety.
You may be climbing up the ladder around now to put up the outdoors Christmas lights, or perhaps you are needing to clean the gutters after all the autumn leaves have fallen. Whatever the reason may be we can't emphasise enough how important it is that you make sure the ladder is safe.
Here are our top tips to follow to ensure no accidents happen this year for you:
- Never use metal ladders if electricity is involved - Electricity + metal = electricution
- Never work on the top three steps/rungs of the ladder
- Try not to over reach, as this can easily unbalance the ladder and cause it to topple over
- Ensure the ladder is at the correct angle
- Try to use slip resistant footwear when on the ladder
- Always keep three points of contact on the ladder at all times
- Always face the ladder when climbing it and ensure both hands are gripping each side of the ladder
Remember to follow these simple tips above, and you should remain safe and sound when carrying out work on ladders.
If your gutter is in need of a clean or repair, and you are not too keen on getting up the ladder yourself, why not give us a call. Whether it's roofers in Chesterfield or Rotherham you are after, our team have worked on hundreds of homes, therefore hundreds of ladders, so don't take the risk if you don't feel up to it. Simply give us a call and we will be more than happy to assist you with your guttering issues.