The complication many victims of lead theft are facing is that many home insurance companies don’t cover the replacement work needed. The argument they give is that they don’t cover theft if there has been no forcible break-in on the property.
Nobody wants to be sat staring out of the window all night, so here are some simple steps you could take to prevent these selfish thieves:
- Make sure all gates and fences are secured, especially at night.
- Take a look at items such as your wheelie bin or perhaps any rubbish waiting to be moved, as thieves are known to use these as ways to climb over high fences and gates.
- Keep ladders locked up tight.
- Install CCTV. This is an expensive option, however, it is known to work extremely well when deterring thieves, as they know they are likely to be caught from the video evidence.
- There are also several anti-climb paints available, meaning anyone who attempts to climb gutters or drain pipes will have a struggle.
A trend has been discovered for peak times of lead thefts taking place, and these tend to be school holidays and during fine weather conditions. So, by following the steps above and keeping an eye out during the school holidays, you should be able to avoid being a victim of lead theft.
In the unfortunate circumstance that you are a victim of lead theft, and you are in need of a roofing specialist to carry out those roof repairs, feel free to call us on 0114 2799 799. Not only do we attend to roof repairs, but we are also able to take care of several types of roofing tasks including flat roofing issues in Sheffield, Rotherham and other surrounding areas.